Re: Question on electrics

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 1 3:46 AM
      10V and 0.08A are the numbers. Another potential problem is of course
      the temperature of the still, the column is at 78C so the valve and
      coil will eventually heat close to that temperature. Anyway, I'll fire
      her up to see what effect the fin has.

      Cheers, Riku

      > I'll try to conduct a test later today and get some measurements
      > while I'm at it. As far as I understand it the power source
      > overheated due to increased resistance in the coil. This in turn was
      > caused by the coil overheating due to continuous use. If that cooling
      > fin doesn't help I'll have switch to 230V coil (if I can find one
      > that fits the valve).
      >
      > Cheers, Riku

    • abbababbaccc
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 2 4:37 AM
        Luckily some people here are helpful, took genuine interest of the
        problem and were able to provide correct answers. Thank you for your
        non productive and offensive post.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, joe giffen <joegiffen@...> wrote:

        > Hi Riku,
        > This must be one of the longest threads in group history. If the damn
        thing is so complcated what is the point.Also if we have to buy your
        book to know what it pertains to,