Question on electrics

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 32 , May 30, 2008
      Since I'm pretty much dumbass when it comes to electrics so I have a
      question for those who know. I have a 12V DC solenoid valve that I use
      for control purposes. Over extended use (tens of minutes) the valve and
      it's power source got hot (too hot to touch) and the valve refused to
      stay open properly.

      Which one is to blame, power source or coil? I could arrange water
      cooling for the coil or get better power source but I'd rather get it
      right in one go.

      Any ideas how to solve this? Keep it open shorter time does not qualify
      in this case.

      Cheers, Riku
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 2, 2008
        Luckily some people here are helpful, took genuine interest of the
        problem and were able to provide correct answers. Thank you for your
        non productive and offensive post.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, joe giffen <joegiffen@...> wrote:

        > Hi Riku,
        > This must be one of the longest threads in group history. If the damn
        thing is so complcated what is the point.Also if we have to buy your
        book to know what it pertains to,