Re: stills

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 10 , May 28, 2008
      1) Yes, but they use heads separation column to take off those
      negligible impurities. Not just withdraw the stuff from trays of
      continuous rectifying column as you indicate here.

      2) If some mixing of different components is acceptable then this
      works fine. However, you can have similar results with good reflux
      column by withdrawing stuff in order of boiling point. That is also
      much easier to do in small scale we are talking here.

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Arsene Lupin" <ragnagna75012@...>

      http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/The_Alcohol_Textbook/Gin_and_V