Re: About gin

  • burrows206
    Message 1 of 41 , May 2, 2008
      Hi Rim,
      It's about that time of the year,end of April and the start of May
      and all. So i'm betting it was a May Fly. My biggest was 2.5 pounds
      (I thought it was a monster)in 6" of white rapid water when I was 15
      yrs old netted in an old orange onion bag spread with a wire coat
      hanger on the end of a cane as a
      net. Had to tie my own as well, money was tight then.(we wus' poor
      and I think we wus' happy well I was) I had 4 brothers
      and 3 sisters and all money went into the home food kitty and when
      everyone
      was feed you got some back
      Geoff

      > Bet ya caught it on a Royal Hairy Coachman or Royal Wulff :):):).
      >
      > Vino es Veritas,
      > Jim.
      >
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "subsonic40grain"
      > <subsonic40grain@> wrote:
      > >
      > > If you fly fish then yes I have to agree - a razor sharp fillet
      > knife
      > > will beat anything hands down, and the bit about the 'bubbles' is
      > > spot on.
      > > Hic, celebrating my 3lb 2oz rainbow on a dry fly. Ok not massive
      > but
      > > I was soooo totally chuffed.
      > >
      > > Said DeVito, "I knew it was the last seven limoncellos that was
      > going
      > > to get me."
      > >
      > > uh oh me too, I'm jacking my job in tomorrow. Limoncello seems
      > > help :-*))))
      > >
      > > Subsonic
      > >
      > > > I use a fillet knife as well.
      > > > Cut the orange/lemon into quarters and just fillet off the pith
      as

    • phenol90
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 6, 2009
        Hey Justin,

        Did you ever get around to doing anything with that hot water copper tank of yours?

        I'm thinking about a similar project.

        Cheers,

        J.