Re: Eau de Pucelle (Virgin's Water)

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 29, 2008
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "JF" <jftheoret@...> wrote:

      > I also found this recipe in the "Traité raisonné de la distillation",
      > a French document from the 18th century.
      >
      > One question: how long would you macerate the berries and seeds for?
      >
      > JF

      Another question: How long do you macerate the virgin for?

      Indeed where does one acquire said chaste lassie? My father used to
      say "There's no such thing (as a virgin). They roll on their dummies
      (pacifiers) in the cradle! ;)

    • mstehelin
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 29, 2008
        This is probably not very PC- But what the hell.

        This Talk of availability of Virgins brings to mind a thought I had
        recently.
        With all the suicide bombings going on in the middle east, the number
        of virgins you get in heaven after blowing up has been brought up.
        I don't know if you get 12, 25 or 76 virgins- A lot in any case.
        Logically one would assume to be a virgin in heaven, you have to die a
        virgin.
        Ok?
        My big deep thought is this:

        Who dies a virgin?

        After many days of quiet contemplation I can only come up with one
        answer.
        Undesirable women.

        My list would include the:
        -Ugly
        -Mentally retarded
        -Mentally insane
        -Physically deformed
        -Mal-odourus
        -infants & children
        -Extremely offensive personality

        This has got to narrow a already small pool right down.
        AND even if the odd pretty woman dies a virgin-
        Supply & Demand.
        Hot virgins gotta be in short supply.
        Just my thoughts.
        Cheers

        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "JF" <jftheoret@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I also found this recipe in the "Traité raisonné de la distillation",
        > > a French document from the 18th century.
        > >
        > > One question: how long would you macerate the berries and seeds for?
        > >
        > > JF
        >

        > Another question: How long do you macerate the virgin for?
        >
        > Indeed where does one acquire said chaste lassie? My father used to
        > say "There's no such thing (as a virgin). They roll on their dummies
        > (pacifiers) in the cradle! ;)
        >
        > Slainte!
        > regards Harry

      • just me
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 29, 2008
          it is 72 and they are reborn a virgin every day. I never saw what the benefit was for the women in Islam. but regretfully they blow up good.
          Hurra for the humble yeast, It makes the poor man feel like a king, And harlots look like queens.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@ ...> wrote:

          > --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "JF" <jftheoret@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I also found this recipe in the "Traité raisonné de la distillation" ,
          > > a French document from the 18th century.
          > >
          > > One question: how long would you macerate the berries and seeds for?
          > >
          > > JF
          >

          > Another question: How long do you macerate the virgin for?
          >
          > Indeed where does one acquire said chaste lassie? My father used to
          > say "There's no such thing (as a virgin). They roll on their dummies
          > (pacifiers) in the cradle! ;)
          >
          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

        • Magnus Thunderson
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 29, 2008

            It you truly think about it I never want to be a suicide bomber as dealing with one crazy office woman would be trouble enough but having to deal with 72 especially if they all had the same time of the month together would be not be heaven but an appropriate hell

            PS add lesbian

            it is 72 and they are reborn a virgin every day. I never saw what the benefit was for the women in Islam. but regretfully they blow up good.

            Hurra for the humble yeast, It makes the poor man feel like a king, And harlots look like queens.

            This is probably not very PC- But what the hell.

            This Talk of availability of Virgins brings to mind a thought I had
            recently.
            With all the suicide bombings going on in the middle east, the number
            of virgins you get in heaven after blowing up has been brought up.
            I don't know if you get 12, 25 or 76 virgins- A lot in any case.
            Logically one would assume to be a virgin in heaven, you have to die a
            virgin.
            Ok?
            My big deep thought is this:

            Who dies a virgin?

            After many days of quiet contemplation I can only come up with one
            answer.
            Undesirable women.

            My list would include the:
            -Ugly
            -Mentally retarded
            -Mentally insane
            -Physically deformed
            -Mal-odourus
            -infants & children
            -Extremely offensive personality

            This has got to narrow a already small pool right down.
            AND even if the odd pretty woman dies a virgin-
            Supply & Demand.
            Hot virgins gotta be in short supply.
            Just my thoughts.
            Cheers

            --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@ ...> wrote:

            > --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "JF" <jftheoret@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I also found this recipe in the "Traité raisonné de la distillation" ,
            > > a French document from the 18th century.
            > >
            > > One question: how long would you macerate the berries and seeds for?
            > >
            > > JF
            >

            > Another question: How long do you macerate the virgin for?
            >
            > Indeed where does one acquire said chaste lassie? My father used to
            > say "There's no such thing (as a virgin). They roll on their dummies
            > (pacifiers) in the cradle! ;)
            >
            > Slainte!
            > regards Harry

          • juliet kent
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 29, 2008

              To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
              From: druidfl@...
              Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:54:05 -0400

              It you truly think about it I never want to be a suicide bomber as dealing with one crazy office woman would be trouble enough but having to deal with 72 especially if they all had the same time of the month together would be not be heaven but an appropriate hell

              PS add lesbian

              it is 72 and they are reborn a virgin every day. I never saw what the benefit was for the women in Islam. but regretfully they blow up good.

              Hurra for the humble yeast, It makes the poor man feel like a king, And harlots look like queens.

              This is probably not very PC- But what the hell.

              This Talk of availability of Virgins brings to mind a thought I had
              recently.
              With all the suicide bombings going on in the middle east, the number
              of virgins you get in heaven after blowing up has been brought up.
              I don't know if you get 12, 25 or 76 virgins- A lot in any case.
              Logically one would assume to be a virgin in heaven, you have to die a
              virgin.
              Ok?
              My big deep thought is this:

              Who dies a virgin?

              After many days of quiet contemplation I can only come up with one
              answer.
              Undesirable women.

              My list would include the:
              -Ugly
              -Mentally retarded
              -Mentally insane
              -Physically deformed
              -Mal-odourus
              -infants & children
              -Extremely offensive personality

              This has got to narrow a already small pool right down.
              AND even if the odd pretty woman dies a virgin-
              Supply & Demand.
              Hot virgins gotta be in short supply.
              Just my thoughts.
              Cheers

              --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "Harry" <gnikomson2000@ ...> wrote:

              > --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "JF" <jftheoret@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I also found this recipe in the "Traité raisonné de la distillation" ,
              > > a French document from the 18th century.
              > >
              > > One question: how long would you macerate the berries and seeds for?
              > >
              > > JF
              >

              > Another question: How long do you macerate the virgin for?
              >
              > Indeed where does one acquire said chaste lassie? My father used to
              > say "There's no such thing (as a virgin). They roll on their dummies
              > (pacifiers) in the cradle! ;)
              >
              > Slainte!
              > regards Harry

              They probably have leprosy as well.

              Click here SEEK New Zealand's #1 jobsite
            • Sherman
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 29, 2008
                this is too good to not pass up. All the virgins I know, are old and
                virgins for a good reason.
                The mouth is offensive and hard on the ears.
                The face is twice offensive hard on the eyes.
                and the body is offensive doubly hard to the touch.
                I hope the sb's get all the ones I am familiar with.
                sb suiside bomber get it?

                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, juliet kent <julietyumyum@...> wrote:

                > To: Distillers@...: druidfl@...: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:54:05
                -0400Subject: RE: [Distillers] Re: Eau de Pucelle (Virgin's Water)

                > It you truly think about it I never want to be a suicide bomber as
                dealing with one crazy office woman would be trouble enough but having
                to deal with 72 especially if they all had the same time of the month
                together would be not be heaven but an appropriate hell

                > PS add lesbian
                >

                > From: Distillers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Distillers@yahoogroups.com]
                On Behalf Of just meSent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 10:06 PMTo:
                Distillers@...: Re: [Distillers] Re: Eau de Pucelle (Virgin's Water)

                thoughts.CheersM--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Harry"
                <gnikomson2000@> wrote:>> --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "JF"
                <jftheoret@> wrote:> >> > I also found this recipe in the "Traité
                raisonné de la distillation",> > a French document from the 18th
                century.> > > > One question: how long would you macerate the berries
                and seeds for?> > > > JF> > > Another question: How long do you
                macerate the virgin for?> > Indeed where does one acquire said chaste
                lassie? My father used to > say "There's no such thing (as a virgin).
                They roll on their dummies > (pacifiers) in the cradle! ;)> >
                Slainte!> regards Harry>

                > They probably have leprosy as well.
                > SEEK New Zealand's #1 jobsite

                http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fmsn%2Eseek%2Eco%2Enz%2FID%5FSEEKNZMAIN%5FUSR%2FPages%2Falliance%5Fhomepage%2Eascx%3FComeFrom%3Dmsnnz%26tracking%3Dsk%3Asptlmini%3Ask%3Amsnnz%3A0%3Awindowslive%3A%231&_t=757263783&_r=Seek_NZ_tagline_no1&_m=EXT

              • Magnus Thunderson
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 29, 2008

                  Also who said the virgins were women Hee Heee they could be virgin men, cows and mice

                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 30, 2008
                    The early recipes just crushed and distilled the botanicals. Some
                    recipes mention several days of maceration/steeping, others 10 days. I
                    understand that the practice for modern gin is to macerate for 10 days
                    - but could be speeded-up by warming.
                    Duplais has a recipe with the same name but with quite different
                    ingredients.
                    wal

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 30, 2008
                      Correction (ref. homedistiller.org)
                      Macerating for 24-48 hours sufficient for gin (generally 24 hours).
                      wal

                      > The early recipes just crushed and distilled the botanicals. Some
                      > recipes mention several days of maceration/steeping, others 10 days. I
                      > understand that the practice for modern gin is to macerate for 10 days
                      > - but could be speeded-up by warming.
                      > Duplais has a recipe with the same name but with quite different
                      > ingredients.
                      > wal
                      >
                      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "JF" <jftheoret@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I also found this recipe in the "Traité raisonné de la distillation",
                      > > a French document from the 18th century.
                      > >
                      > > One question: how long would you macerate the berries and seeds for?
                      > >
                      > > JF

                      > > > This is a French cordial gin like recipe from 1778.
                      > > > I am not sure what the colourful name implies, but it might be good
                      > > > for a piss-up. Scale-up to suit.
                      > > >
                      > > > Eau de Pucelle (Virgin's Water), 1778, France
                      > > >
                      > > > 35g juniper berries
                      > > > 10g angelica seeds
                      > > > 30ml orange blossom water
                      > > > 2 litres neutral alcohol (50-60%abv)
                      > > > 2 litres water
                      > > > 4 cups sugar
                      > > >
                      > > > Macerate crushed berries and seeds in the alcohol with added
                      water and
                      > > > distil 2 litres. Add orange blossom water to distillate and
                      dilute and
                      > > > sweeten with cooled sugar syrup made with 4 cups of sugar in 2
                      litres
                      > > > of water.
                      > > >
                      > > > wal

                    • justin webster
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 30, 2008
                        I have a small amount of yeast imported from the US which cost me
                        more than I can afford to spend per wash.
                        I'm trying to figure out how to get the most out of my investment

                        now, I could propagate a master culture and then with each batch go
                        thru the laborious process of creating a mini-starter then a larger
                        starter then finally pitching.

                        my other option is to rehydrate and pitch the yeast as recommended
                        and then reuse all the yeast slurry 3 or 4 times before starting
                        again with the dry yeast.
                        in my case this would probably involve storing the slurry in the
                        fridge for a week or so.

                        is there any advantage to doing it one way or the other?

                        the yeast is Danstil EDV493 fermenting a light molasses/sugar wort.
                        sorry if this is a bit 'newbie',
                        cheers,
                        justin
                      • Trid
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 30, 2008
                          --- justin webster <mail@...> wrote:

                          > I have a small amount of yeast imported from the US which cost me
                          > more than I can afford to spend per wash.
                          > I'm trying to figure out how to get the most out of my investment
                          >
                          > now, I could propagate a master culture and then with each batch go
                          > thru the laborious process of creating a mini-starter then a larger
                          > starter then finally pitching.
                          >
                          > my other option is to rehydrate and pitch the yeast as recommended
                          > and then reuse all the yeast slurry 3 or 4 times before starting
                          > again with the dry yeast.
                          > in my case this would probably involve storing the slurry in the
                          > fridge for a week or so.
                          >
                          > is there any advantage to doing it one way or the other?
                          > the yeast is Danstil EDV493 fermenting a light molasses/sugar wort.
                          > sorry if this is a bit 'newbie',

                          If it were me, I'd try to get a running culture going, up to, and possibly
                          including making a few slants for future propagation. I'll add right away that
                          I'm a novice when it comes to yeast farming, but this is my best SWAG: [1]
                          Like making a starter, but more intense, I'd get perhaps half of the yeast and
                          pitch it in a 2 gallon starter with the wash you're looking to use. Then, from
                          moment one, bubble air [2](or better, oxygen) through it continuously.
                          Combined with the nutrients and food from the starter wort plus the perpetual
                          source of oxygen, the yeast does nothing but multiply like mad. From there,
                          I'd decant portions to pitch in my wort slated for the still and replenish with
                          a like volume of sterile wort for the continued propagation of the yeast. As
                          far as how long to let it go before decanting a quantity for actual
                          fermentation...I'd be guessing on that one, but maybe 2, perhaps as much as 4
                          days after initial pitch?
                          You could always try this method with a readily available strain to see if it
                          works before attempting it with the harder to get strain.

                          Trid
                          -another project I'm intending on embarking upon in the near future

                          [1] SWAG - Scientific Wild Ass Guess
                          [2] if using air instead of O2, be sure it's filtered very well
                        • jamesonbeam1
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 1, 2008
                            Hey Justin,

                            Along with Harry's disertation on Whiskey yeast culturing, there is a
                            very good disertation by MB Raines-Casselman, Ph.D. on
                            Yeast Propagation and Maintenance: Principles and Practices at:
                            http://maltosefalcons.com/tech/MB_Raines_Guide_to_Yeast_Culturing.php

                            This describes fully the various methods of propagation and re-
                            harvesting yeast. I've been re-harvesting my EC-1118 yeast for many
                            genrations now, using the wort / sugar method and refrigerating it.

                            Vino es Veritas,
                            Jim.