pecan

  • bob@4agoodauction.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2008
      Pecan shells are extremely bitter. I am wondering out loud if that would be good to use for a flavor note in the spirits? I get them for free and can get 50# bags of them from the pecan shellers. Making a faux amaretto would be interesting if I could do it with pecan shells. Maybe it would be a pecan praline vodka? I could probably use them like  porcelain rings in the reflux area so the shells would be constantly washed with the return and amplify the flavor note.  Ole! Bob c