Re: Continuous Still Design - With Head Removal

  • markabolton
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
      That's certainly the way I would approach a project like this. Build
      the hardware after having studied a bit of theory and then run it
      using manual temperature control etc. After getting a feel for how the
      thing would perform optimaly then I would build the interface and
      write the program.

      It's just that all the photoprocessing equipment I have ever worked on
      is far less delicate in the variables that it needs to deal with but
      they are invariably process controlled.

      Thank you for the tips on the A ERC etc an Yes I will do a seach since
      it is an age since I designed a machine controller and the systems
      were very diffent then .

      The interface circuitry hasn't changed much though.

      Regards MArk
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2008
        The problem is not writing or designing a software or control
        system. The big challenge is in understanding what's happening
        inside your still and that part comes via trial and error.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "markabolton" <markabolton@...>
        wrote:

        > That's certainly the way I would approach a project like this.
        Build
        > the hardware after having studied a bit of theory and then run it
        > using manual temperature control etc. After getting a feel for how
        the
        > thing would perform optimaly then I would build the interface and
        > write the program.
        >
        > It's just that all the photoprocessing equipment I have ever
        worked on
        > is far less delicate in the variables that it needs to deal with
        but
        > they are invariably process controlled.
        >
        > Thank you for the tips on the A ERC etc an Yes I will do a seach
        since
        > it is an age since I designed a machine controller and the systems
        > were very diffent then .
        >
        > The interface circuitry hasn't changed much though.
        >
        > Regards MArk

      • Arsene Lupin
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 2, 2008
          Hi James,
          Any progress ?
          Your design still puzzles me, I 've never seen a continuous column
          without reflux. The closest from that is the adams still which is
          something like a 3 thumper potstill (see alcohol& denaturing @ library).

          Yeah ! I think i found the prob with not having reflux!!!!
          At the bottom you provide x joules to a 10% (or so )wash, but at the
          top of the column your x joules are transfered to a 80% wash, and that
          means you will vaporise much more ethanol than you input.