Re: Whiskey Recipe

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2008
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sean.augustinian"
      <sean.augustinian@...> wrote:

      > Would anyone be kind enough to provide me with a whiskey recipe
      using
      > dried malt extract as the grain component? I have two pounds of the
      > stuff (Muntons Light) and am not quite sure how to pursue this
      further.

      > Thanks
      > Sean

      You're gonna need a lot more than that to do any damage. :)
      That's about enough for a 1 gallon wash which will make a final
      product of maybe just under 1/2 qt. @ 40%

      If you want more (who doesn't?) then stack it from there...2 lb DME
      per 1 gal water.

      If that's out then you can always use the 2 lb Muntons powder and a
      blender to make malted milks for the kids. 1 heaped tablespoon DME to
      a cup of milk and 1 good scoop of icecream. Yer kids will think yer
      GOD. :)

      Enjoy!