E-ARC Thermostat or PID

  • allnightwc
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2008
      Can I use a PID type controller with probe to add E-ARC to my VM or do
      I need a digital thermostat? and if so does anyone have any advice on
      what one to buy?
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2008
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "allnightwc" <allnightwc@...> wrote:

        > Can I use a PID type controller with probe to add E-ARC to my VM or
        do
        > I need a digital thermostat? and if so does anyone have any advice
        on
        > what one to buy?

        As long as we are using on/off type control and 0.1 accuracy with no
        extra buffer zone the PID doesn't really offer us any advantage.

        http://www.auberins.com/ has thermostats with both PID and regular
        on/off controls if you want to try the PID approach.

        Cheers, Riku