Re: Return of the wheat flour mash

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2008
      I posted it here before but here's a repost.

      4kg wheat flour + 1kg malt. Mix flour + some 200g malt to 8 liters of
      50C water. Should settle to 40C. Add 9 liters of striking water and
      mix well - should turn to liquid and settle at 65C. Heat to boil
      (stirring) and let boil for some 15 minutes. Cool to 65C and add the
      rest of the malt. After it's cooled to 30C or so pitch the yeast.

      Cheers, Riku