Re: Absinthe has no bloom????

  • Sven Pfitt
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25, 2008
      No, the Chlofophyll only provides color.

      The louche is caused by the oils coming out of solution.

      Some of the plants used for color provide flavor and aroma, but not
      sufficient oil to cause the louche.

      The oils which cause the louche are primairly derived from Anise
      (Anethol) , Fennel (Anethol and Fenchone), and Badiana or Star Anise
      (Anethol) if present.

      Sven

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "billy.turf" <billy.turf@...>