Re: Really Hard Water

  • sawyer7271
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 19, 2008
      Household and industrial Reverse Osmosis systems do a great job of
      reducing the mineral content of water to near-zero. Chlorine and
      Chloramine are also eliminated by the carbon filters integrated into
      the systems.

      That said, some minerals are necessary for the yeast, so I typically
      brew beer with a mix of 80% RO water. (Water in my area is Extremely
      hard >250PPM hardness) The use of backset has eliminated the need to
      do little more than carbon filter my "other" brewing water, however.