Re: The original green vodka ('zeleno vino')?

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2008
      I suppose the distillate could pick up green salts from the copper
      condenser coil. But W. Pokhlebkin in 'A History of Vodka' says that
      'vino' ('khlebnoe vino' or grain 'wine') was the early term for
      Russian vodka, and that 'zeleno' refers not to a green ('zelenoe')
      colour but to denote a herbal infused vodka.
      Russian herbal vodkas.)
      wal