Re: Yeast Explosion!

  • morganfield1
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 4 1:22 PM
      Hi Mark,
      No, the house is around 65 degrees (18C), I just rap a towel around the
      bucket and put in a corner.

      Tip one, Morgan

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <markgofast@...> wrote:

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1" <morganfield1@>
      > wrote:
      > I always used two packets of champaigne yeast to
      > make washes. This season .. I decided to ..add 4 packets (generally 3
      > champaigne and 1 bread, as I make whiskey.
      >
      > 2X the yeast and a high starting gravity - do you use any form of
      > temperature control in the fermenter?

    • justin webster
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 9 8:08 PM
        Hi,
        the 'mailing list archive' link at the bottom of these emails does
        not seem to go anywhere useful.
        is the archive hosted anywhere on the net?
        justin
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 9 11:58 PM

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, justin webster <mail@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > the 'mailing list archive' l the bottom of these emails does
          > not seem to go anywhere useful.
          > is the archive hosted anywhere on the net?
          > justin

          It appears that infoarchive has restructured.   However, we have a backup with long-time member Matt Taet (thanks Matt).  Here's the relevant info...

          New Distillers
          Collecting since August 2002
          This is where you begin as a newbie into the world of making your own spirits. This is only legal in a few countries, one of them being in New Zealand...

          Distillers
          Collecting since August 2002
          Very interesting news group about distilling of spirits. This is only legal in a few countries, one of them being in New Zealand...

          I guess Matt's archives now get promoted to Numero Uno.  :)

          You can also use the search function on our sites homepage and messages screens.  This goes back to the group's beginnings...1999.

        • Vini
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 10 5:28 AM
            I,ve been using Matt's site for quite a while since I like the
            interface there better. I've noticed recently that it only has a
            fraction of all messages shown on Yahoo. In January there are 47
            messages compared to Yahoo's 175. I wonder why.

            /Vini