Re: Rum flavours

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2008

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "anthony547357" <Anthony.Athawes@...> wrote:

      > ---
      > I tried looking up this reference as anything on Rum is of interest,
      > never having had any success - possibly through not being able to get
      > proper Molasses in this country.
      >
      > "Page not available". Will try later, but was the ref correct?
      >
      > Tony

      Yes, it's correct.  But the link is split in half.  Just add the second line to the first.  Here it is complete...
      http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-1114102-110301/unrestricted/Maza_Gomez_thesis.pdf

      I've had this one for years.  I think I even posted the link once.  It's ok research, but there's not much in it that we don't already know.  However it does reinforce the molasses clearing operation before fermentation, which I can't seem to get through to people for some reason.

    • harleybeard
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2008
        <Anthony.Athawes@...> wrote:

        > ---
        > I tried looking up this reference as anything on Rum is of
        interest,
        > never having had any success - possibly through not being able to
        get
        > proper Molasses in this country.
        >
        > "Page not available". Will try later, but was the ref correct?
        >
        > Tony
        >

        > In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bbornais" <bbornais@> wrote:
        > >
        > > what the heck?
        > >
        > > I wish I spent my masters doing such a project!
        > >
        > > Geez.
        > >
        > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "harleybeard" <harleybeard@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > This might be of interest to those of you who are trying to
        make
        > > good
        > > > rum
        > > > Cheers
        > > > Jeff
        > > > http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-1114102-
        > > > 110301/unrestricted/Maza_Gomez_thesis.pdf

        Hi, Anthony
        I see the whole thing didn't come over as a complete link. Try
        copying and pasteing the whole lot into your address bar, or perhaps
        some of the more computer literate out there can fix it and re post it
        Cheers
        Jeff
      • anthony547357
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2008
          Harry, Thank you for the reference - it came out fine.

          Tony

          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "anthony547357"
          <Anthony.Athawes@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > ---
          > > I tried looking up this reference as anything on Rum is of
          interest,
          > > never having had any success - possibly through not being able to
          get
          > > proper Molasses in this country.
          > >
          > > "Page not available". Will try later, but was the ref correct?
          > >
          > > Tony
          >

          > Yes, it's correct. But the link is split in half. Just add the
          second
          > line to the first. Here it is complete...
          > http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-1114102-
          110301/unrestricted/Maza_G\
          > omez_thesis.pdf
          > <http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-1114102-
          110301/unrestricted/Maza_\
          > Gomez_thesis.pdf>
          >
          > I've had this one for years. I think I even posted the link once.
          It's
          > ok research, but there's not much in it that we don't already know.
          > However it does reinforce the molasses clearing operation before
          > fermentation, which I can't seem to get through to people for some
          > reason.
          >
          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

        • pugs2510
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008
            wrote:

            > This might be of interest to those of you who are trying to make a
            good
            > rum
            > Cheers
            > Jeff
            > http://etd.lsu.edu/docs/available/etd-1114102-
            > 110301/unrestricted/Maza_Gomez_thesis.pdf

            I being a rum freak foun this most interesting good stuff to read over
            late

            thanks pugs
          • jamesonbeam1
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008