Re: Yeast Explosion!

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 3, 2008
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1" <morganfield1@...>
      wrote:
      I always used two packets of champaigne yeast to
      make washes. This season .. I decided to ..add 4 packets (generally 3
      champaigne and 1 bread, as I make whiskey.

      2X the yeast and a high starting gravity - do you use any form of
      temperature control in the fermenter?
    • morganfield1
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 4, 2008
        Hi Mark,
        No, the house is around 65 degrees (18C), I just rap a towel around the
        bucket and put in a corner.

        Tip one, Morgan

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <markgofast@...> wrote:

        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1" <morganfield1@>
        > wrote:
        > I always used two packets of champaigne yeast to
        > make washes. This season .. I decided to ..add 4 packets (generally 3
        > champaigne and 1 bread, as I make whiskey.
        >
        > 2X the yeast and a high starting gravity - do you use any form of
        > temperature control in the fermenter?

      • justin webster
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 9, 2008
          Hi,
          the 'mailing list archive' link at the bottom of these emails does
          not seem to go anywhere useful.
          is the archive hosted anywhere on the net?
          justin
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 9, 2008

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, justin webster <mail@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > the 'mailing list archive' l the bottom of these emails does
            > not seem to go anywhere useful.
            > is the archive hosted anywhere on the net?
            > justin

            It appears that infoarchive has restructured.   However, we have a backup with long-time member Matt Taet (thanks Matt).  Here's the relevant info...

            New Distillers
            Collecting since August 2002
            This is where you begin as a newbie into the world of making your own spirits. This is only legal in a few countries, one of them being in New Zealand...

            Distillers
            Collecting since August 2002
            Very interesting news group about distilling of spirits. This is only legal in a few countries, one of them being in New Zealand...

            I guess Matt's archives now get promoted to Numero Uno.  :)

            You can also use the search function on our sites homepage and messages screens.  This goes back to the group's beginnings...1999.

          • Vini
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 10, 2008
              I,ve been using Matt's site for quite a while since I like the
              interface there better. I've noticed recently that it only has a
              fraction of all messages shown on Yahoo. In January there are 47
              messages compared to Yahoo's 175. I wonder why.

              /Vini