Re: Buying and Selling

  • bbornais
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
      If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only
      person you are fooling is yourself.

      The only thing stopping you from getting busted is indifference. That
      can all change in an instant.

      There is a great risk of the law in distilling spirits (.)

      Not so anonymously yours,

      Bryan.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Eric,
      > As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
      > distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in,
      > are "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
      > Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
      > business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you
      stay
      > clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are completely
      > anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to spread the word
      and
      > the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are
      just
      > trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
      > Geoff
      >

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall" <eric_yendall@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or
      > > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
      > > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but
      which
      > > might be useful to new-bee's.

    • sonum norbu
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
        Yup, I've said it before, and...again.

        The energy lost through paranoia is better employed making grog. If 'they' were really after us, we'd all be in a shared cell already.

        blanik

        > If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only
        > person you are fooling is yourself.
        >
        > The only thing stopping you from getting busted is indifference. That
        > can all change in an instant.
        >
        > There is a great risk of the law in distilling spirits (.)
        >
        > Not so anonymously yours,
        >
        > Bryan.
        >

        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Eric,
        > > As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
        > > distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in, are
        > > "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
        > > Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
        > > business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you
        > stay
        > > clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are
        > > completely anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to
        > > spread the word
        > and
        > > the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are
        > just
        > > trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
        > > Geoff --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall"
        > > <eric_yendall@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or
        > > > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
        > > > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but
        > which
        > > > might be useful to new-bee's.

        SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
        http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

        Powered by Outblaze
      • bbornais
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
          The townspeople all though that John was crazy when he said that the
          rock was going to fall on them.

          Whatever.

          I post here.

          That takes more energy than my paranoia.

          ...Wait!....

          ...did you hear that?

          p.s.

          I bought Riku's book today.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

          > Yup, I've said it before, and...again.
          >
          > The energy lost through paranoia is better employed making grog.
          If 'they' were really after us, we'd all be in a shared cell already.

          > blanik

          (Shakyamuni Buddha)

          > --
          >
          > Powered by Outblaze

        • abbababbaccc
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
            A friendly warning, some people at swedish lists have come up with new
            still designs on weekly basis after reading the book. It may seriously
            reduce the time you spend on other activities ;)

            Cheers, Riku

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bbornais" <bbornais@...> wrote:

            > p.s.
            >
            > I bought Riku's book today.

          • morganfield1
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
              You know, I often wonder...
              When you don't hear from past members for a while, is it because
              they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is it because the
              government is taking care of their rent, so to speak, and they don't
              have "free and unlimited" access to the net!

              Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan

              > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
              >
              > ...Wait!....
              >
              > ...did you hear that?
              >
              > p.s.
              >
              > I bought Riku's book today.

            • Jeff Peterson
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                Is Riku's book available as an ebook anywhere?

                Jeff

                --- morganfield1 <morganfield1@...> wrote:

                > You know, I often wonder...
                > When you don't hear from past members for a while,
                > is it because
                > they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is
                > it because the
                > government is taking care of their rent, so to
                > speak, and they don't
                > have "free and unlimited" access to the net!
                >
                > Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan
                >

                > > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                > >
                > > ...Wait!....
                > >
                > > ...did you hear that?
                > >
                > > p.s.
                > >
                > > I bought Riku's book today.

              • Donald Holcombe
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                  Some of us may have been away for a while and are now just Lurking in
                  the Shadows !--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1"
                  <morganfield1@...> wrote:

                  > You know, I often wonder...
                  > When you don't hear from past members for a while, is it because
                  > they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is it because the
                  > government is taking care of their rent, so to speak, and they
                  don't
                  > have "free and unlimited" access to the net!
                  >
                  > Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan
                  >

                  > > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                  > >
                  > > ...Wait!....
                  > >
                  > > ...did you hear that?
                  > >
                  > > p.s.
                  > >
                  > > I bought Riku's book today.

                • abbababbaccc
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                    There's the old free version at Harry's site:

                    It's several year's old so it's lacking all the latest research.
                    However, there are instructions for basic liquid based ARC.

                    Cheers, Riku

                    --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Peterson <povinstitute@...>