Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Buying and Selling

Expand Messages
  • burrows206
    Hi Eric, As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we re involved in, are wee cowering, timorous
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Eric,
      As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
      distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in,
      are "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
      Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
      business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you stay
      clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are completely
      anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to spread the word and
      the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are just
      trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
      Geoff


      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall" <eric_yendall@...>
      wrote:
      >
      > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or to
      > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
      > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but which
      > might be useful to new-bee's.
      >
    • bbornais
      If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only person you are fooling is yourself. The only thing stopping you from getting busted is
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only
        person you are fooling is yourself.

        The only thing stopping you from getting busted is indifference. That
        can all change in an instant.

        There is a great risk of the law in distilling spirits (.)

        Not so anonymously yours,

        Bryan.






        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
        wrote:
        >
        > Hi Eric,
        > As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
        > distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in,
        > are "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
        > Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
        > business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you
        stay
        > clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are completely
        > anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to spread the word
        and
        > the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are
        just
        > trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
        > Geoff
        >
        >
        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall" <eric_yendall@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or
        to
        > > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
        > > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but
        which
        > > might be useful to new-bee's.
        > >
        >
      • sonum norbu
        Yup, I ve said it before, and...again. The energy lost through paranoia is better employed making grog. If they were really after us, we d all be in a
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          Yup, I've said it before, and...again.

          The energy lost through paranoia is better employed making grog. If 'they' were really after us, we'd all be in a shared cell already.

          blanik



          ----- Original Message -----
          > From: bbornais <bbornais@...>
          > To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [Distillers] Re: Buying and Selling
          > Date: Sat, 02 Feb:11:59 -0000
          >
          >
          > If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only
          > person you are fooling is yourself.
          >
          > The only thing stopping you from getting busted is indifference. That
          > can all change in an instant.
          >
          > There is a great risk of the law in distilling spirits (.)
          >
          > Not so anonymously yours,
          >
          > Bryan.
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Eric,
          > > As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
          > > distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in, are
          > > "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
          > > Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
          > > business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you
          > stay
          > > clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are
          > > completely anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to
          > > spread the word
          > and
          > > the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are
          > just
          > > trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
          > > Geoff --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall"
          > > <eric_yendall@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or
          > to
          > > > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
          > > > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but
          > which
          > > > might be useful to new-bee's.
          > > >
          > >

          >



          "Most of the troubles of the world are caused by human beings". (Shakyamuni Buddha)

          SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
          http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/



          --
          _______________________________________________
          Surf the Web in a faster, safer and easier way:
          Download Opera 9 at http://www.opera.com

          Powered by Outblaze
        • bbornais
          The townspeople all though that John was crazy when he said that the rock was going to fall on them. Whatever. I post here. That takes more energy than my
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            The townspeople all though that John was crazy when he said that the
            rock was going to fall on them.

            Whatever.

            I post here.

            That takes more energy than my paranoia.

            ...Wait!....

            ...did you hear that?

            p.s.

            I bought Riku's book today.


            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:
            >
            > Yup, I've said it before, and...again.
            >
            > The energy lost through paranoia is better employed making grog.
            If 'they' were really after us, we'd all be in a shared cell already.
            >
            > blanik
            >
            >
            >
            > ----- Original Message -----
            > > From: bbornais <bbornais@...>
            > > To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
            > > Subject: [Distillers] Re: Buying and Selling
            > > Date: Sat, 02 Feb:11:59 -0000
            > >
            > >
            > > If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only
            > > person you are fooling is yourself.
            > >
            > > The only thing stopping you from getting busted is indifference.
            That
            > > can all change in an instant.
            > >
            > > There is a great risk of the law in distilling spirits (.)
            > >
            > > Not so anonymously yours,
            > >
            > > Bryan.
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Eric,
            > > > As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people
            who
            > > > distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in,
            are
            > > > "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
            > > > Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
            > > > business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you
            > > stay
            > > > clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are
            > > > completely anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to
            > > > spread the word
            > > and
            > > > the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are
            > > just
            > > > trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
            > > > Geoff --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall"
            > > > <eric_yendall@> wrote:
            > > > >
            > > > > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum
            or
            > > to
            > > > > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
            > > > > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but
            > > which
            > > > > might be useful to new-bee's.
            > > > >
            > > >
            >
            > >
            >
            >
            >
            > "Most of the troubles of the world are caused by human beings".
            (Shakyamuni Buddha)
            >
            > SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
            > http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/
            >
            >
            >
            > --
            > _______________________________________________
            > Surf the Web in a faster, safer and easier way:
            > Download Opera 9 at http://www.opera.com
            >
            > Powered by Outblaze
            >
          • abbababbaccc
            A friendly warning, some people at swedish lists have come up with new still designs on weekly basis after reading the book. It may seriously reduce the time
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              A friendly warning, some people at swedish lists have come up with new
              still designs on weekly basis after reading the book. It may seriously
              reduce the time you spend on other activities ;)

              Cheers, Riku

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bbornais" <bbornais@...> wrote:
              >>
              > p.s.
              >
              > I bought Riku's book today.
              >
              >
            • morganfield1
              You know, I often wonder... When you don t hear from past members for a while, is it because they ve moved on to bigger and better things, or is it because the
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                You know, I often wonder...
                When you don't hear from past members for a while, is it because
                they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is it because the
                government is taking care of their rent, so to speak, and they don't
                have "free and unlimited" access to the net!

                Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan

                >
                > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                >
                > ...Wait!....
                >
                > ...did you hear that?
                >
                > p.s.
                >
                > I bought Riku's book today.
                >
                >
                >
              • Jeff Peterson
                Is Riku s book available as an ebook anywhere? Jeff
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  Is Riku's book available as an ebook anywhere?

                  Jeff

                  --- morganfield1 <morganfield1@...> wrote:

                  > You know, I often wonder...
                  > When you don't hear from past members for a while,
                  > is it because
                  > they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is
                  > it because the
                  > government is taking care of their rent, so to
                  > speak, and they don't
                  > have "free and unlimited" access to the net!
                  >
                  > Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan
                  >
                  > >
                  > > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                  > >
                  > > ...Wait!....
                  > >
                  > > ...did you hear that?
                  > >
                  > > p.s.
                  > >
                  > > I bought Riku's book today.
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                • Donald Holcombe
                  Some of us may have been away for a while and are now just Lurking in the Shadows !--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, morganfield1 ... don t
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Some of us may have been away for a while and are now just Lurking in
                    the Shadows !--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1"
                    <morganfield1@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > You know, I often wonder...
                    > When you don't hear from past members for a while, is it because
                    > they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is it because the
                    > government is taking care of their rent, so to speak, and they
                    don't
                    > have "free and unlimited" access to the net!
                    >
                    > Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan
                    >
                    > >
                    > > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                    > >
                    > > ...Wait!....
                    > >
                    > > ...did you hear that?
                    > >
                    > > p.s.
                    > >
                    > > I bought Riku's book today.
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    >
                  • abbababbaccc
                    There s the old free version at Harry s site: http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/ It s several year s old so it s lacking all the latest research.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                    • 0 Attachment
                      There's the old free version at Harry's site:
                      http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/

                      It's several year's old so it's lacking all the latest research.
                      However, there are instructions for basic liquid based ARC.

                      Cheers, Riku

                      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Peterson <povinstitute@...>
                      wrote:
                      >
                      > Is Riku's book available as an ebook anywhere?
                      >
                      > Jeff
                      >
                      > --- morganfield1 <morganfield1@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > You know, I often wonder...
                      > > When you don't hear from past members for a while,
                      > > is it because
                      > > they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is
                      > > it because the
                      > > government is taking care of their rent, so to
                      > > speak, and they don't
                      > > have "free and unlimited" access to the net!
                      > >
                      > > Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan
                      > >
                      > > >
                      > > > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                      > > >
                      > > > ...Wait!....
                      > > >
                      > > > ...did you hear that?
                      > > >
                      > > > p.s.
                      > > >
                      > > > I bought Riku's book today.
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > > >
                      > >
                      > >
                      >
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.