Re: Buying and Selling

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
      Its not allowed for businesses to advertise their wares here - but im
      sure Harry would let individuals. Not sure how many here in countries
      where its illegal to distill (read most of us) would be willing to give
      out our addresses though :):):)...

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall" <eric_yendall@...>
      wrote:

      > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or to
      > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
      > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but which
      > might be useful to new-bee's.

    • burrows206
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
        Hi Eric,
        As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
        distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in,
        are "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
        Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
        business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you stay
        clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are completely
        anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to spread the word and
        the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are just
        trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
        Geoff

        wrote:

        > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or to
        > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
        > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but which
        > might be useful to new-bee's.

      • bbornais
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
          If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only
          person you are fooling is yourself.

          The only thing stopping you from getting busted is indifference. That
          can all change in an instant.

          There is a great risk of the law in distilling spirits (.)

          Not so anonymously yours,

          Bryan.

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Eric,
          > As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
          > distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in,
          > are "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
          > Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
          > business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you
          stay
          > clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are completely
          > anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to spread the word
          and
          > the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are
          just
          > trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
          > Geoff
          >

          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall" <eric_yendall@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or
          > > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
          > > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but
          which
          > > might be useful to new-bee's.

        • sonum norbu
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
            Yup, I've said it before, and...again.

            The energy lost through paranoia is better employed making grog. If 'they' were really after us, we'd all be in a shared cell already.

            blanik

            > If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only
            > person you are fooling is yourself.
            >
            > The only thing stopping you from getting busted is indifference. That
            > can all change in an instant.
            >
            > There is a great risk of the law in distilling spirits (.)
            >
            > Not so anonymously yours,
            >
            > Bryan.
            >

            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Eric,
            > > As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
            > > distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in, are
            > > "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
            > > Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
            > > business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you
            > stay
            > > clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are
            > > completely anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to
            > > spread the word
            > and
            > > the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are
            > just
            > > trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
            > > Geoff --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall"
            > > <eric_yendall@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or
            > > > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
            > > > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but
            > which
            > > > might be useful to new-bee's.

            SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
            http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

            Powered by Outblaze
          • bbornais
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2008
              The townspeople all though that John was crazy when he said that the
              rock was going to fall on them.

              Whatever.

              I post here.

              That takes more energy than my paranoia.

              ...Wait!....

              ...did you hear that?

              p.s.

              I bought Riku's book today.

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

              > Yup, I've said it before, and...again.
              >
              > The energy lost through paranoia is better employed making grog.
              If 'they' were really after us, we'd all be in a shared cell already.

              > blanik

              (Shakyamuni Buddha)

              > --
              >
              > Powered by Outblaze

            • abbababbaccc
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 3, 2008
                A friendly warning, some people at swedish lists have come up with new
                still designs on weekly basis after reading the book. It may seriously
                reduce the time you spend on other activities ;)

                Cheers, Riku

                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bbornais" <bbornais@...> wrote:

                > p.s.
                >
                > I bought Riku's book today.

              • morganfield1
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                  You know, I often wonder...
                  When you don't hear from past members for a while, is it because
                  they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is it because the
                  government is taking care of their rent, so to speak, and they don't
                  have "free and unlimited" access to the net!

                  Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan

                  > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                  >
                  > ...Wait!....
                  >
                  > ...did you hear that?
                  >
                  > p.s.
                  >
                  > I bought Riku's book today.

                • Jeff Peterson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                    Is Riku's book available as an ebook anywhere?

                    Jeff

                    --- morganfield1 <morganfield1@...> wrote:

                    > You know, I often wonder...
                    > When you don't hear from past members for a while,
                    > is it because
                    > they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is
                    > it because the
                    > government is taking care of their rent, so to
                    > speak, and they don't
                    > have "free and unlimited" access to the net!
                    >
                    > Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan
                    >

                    > > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                    > >
                    > > ...Wait!....
                    > >
                    > > ...did you hear that?
                    > >
                    > > p.s.
                    > >
                    > > I bought Riku's book today.

                  • Donald Holcombe
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                      Some of us may have been away for a while and are now just Lurking in
                      the Shadows !--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1"
                      <morganfield1@...> wrote:

                      > You know, I often wonder...
                      > When you don't hear from past members for a while, is it because
                      > they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is it because the
                      > government is taking care of their rent, so to speak, and they
                      don't
                      > have "free and unlimited" access to the net!
                      >
                      > Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan
                      >

                      > > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                      > >
                      > > ...Wait!....
                      > >
                      > > ...did you hear that?
                      > >
                      > > p.s.
                      > >
                      > > I bought Riku's book today.

                    • abbababbaccc
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 4, 2008
                        There's the old free version at Harry's site:

                        It's several year's old so it's lacking all the latest research.
                        However, there are instructions for basic liquid based ARC.

                        Cheers, Riku

                        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Peterson <povinstitute@...>