Buying and Selling

  • eric_yendall
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2 11:57 AM
      Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or to
      post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
      equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but which
      might be useful to new-bee's.
    • jamesonbeam1
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2 1:20 PM
        Its not allowed for businesses to advertise their wares here - but im
        sure Harry would let individuals. Not sure how many here in countries
        where its illegal to distill (read most of us) would be willing to give
        out our addresses though :):):)...

        Vino es Veritas,
        Jim.

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall" <eric_yendall@...>
        wrote:

        > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or to
        > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
        > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but which
        > might be useful to new-bee's.

      • burrows206
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2 1:26 PM
          Hi Eric,
          As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
          distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in,
          are "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
          Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
          business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you stay
          clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are completely
          anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to spread the word and
          the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are just
          trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
          Geoff

          wrote:

          > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or to
          > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
          > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but which
          > might be useful to new-bee's.

        • bbornais
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2 2:11 PM
            If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only
            person you are fooling is yourself.

            The only thing stopping you from getting busted is indifference. That
            can all change in an instant.

            There is a great risk of the law in distilling spirits (.)

            Not so anonymously yours,

            Bryan.

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi Eric,
            > As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
            > distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in,
            > are "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
            > Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
            > business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you
            stay
            > clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are completely
            > anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to spread the word
            and
            > the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are
            just
            > trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
            > Geoff
            >

            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall" <eric_yendall@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or
            > > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
            > > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but
            which
            > > might be useful to new-bee's.

          • sonum norbu
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2 3:55 PM
              Yup, I've said it before, and...again.

              The energy lost through paranoia is better employed making grog. If 'they' were really after us, we'd all be in a shared cell already.

              blanik

              > If you think you are anonymous on this group Geoff, then the only
              > person you are fooling is yourself.
              >
              > The only thing stopping you from getting busted is indifference. That
              > can all change in an instant.
              >
              > There is a great risk of the law in distilling spirits (.)
              >
              > Not so anonymously yours,
              >
              > Bryan.
              >

              > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "burrows206" <jeffrey.burrows@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Eric,
              > > As a breed of enthusiasts, you will tend to find people who
              > > distil spirits, are by nature of the hobby we're involved in, are
              > > "wee cowering, timorous beasties" as Robbie Burns would put it.
              > > Keeping yourself to yourself and in your local area your
              > > business is not to be broadcast to all and sundry. That way you
              > stay
              > > clear of the law of your country. On this forum you are
              > > completely anonymous and what knowledge we possess we try to
              > > spread the word
              > and
              > > the learning. Bank accounts and addresses are traceable and are
              > just
              > > trouble and not included. Just the unspoken word/ rules
              > > Geoff --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "eric_yendall"
              > > <eric_yendall@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Is it against the rules to offer stuff for sale in this forum or
              > > > post requests to buy? There must be many of you with surplus
              > > > equipment, gadgets, or whatever that you have grown out of but
              > which
              > > > might be useful to new-bee's.

              SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
              http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

              Powered by Outblaze
            • bbornais
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2 8:50 PM
                The townspeople all though that John was crazy when he said that the
                rock was going to fall on them.

                Whatever.

                I post here.

                That takes more energy than my paranoia.

                ...Wait!....

                ...did you hear that?

                p.s.

                I bought Riku's book today.

                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

                > Yup, I've said it before, and...again.
                >
                > The energy lost through paranoia is better employed making grog.
                If 'they' were really after us, we'd all be in a shared cell already.

                > blanik

                (Shakyamuni Buddha)

                > --
                >
                > Powered by Outblaze

              • abbababbaccc
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 3 3:09 AM
                  A friendly warning, some people at swedish lists have come up with new
                  still designs on weekly basis after reading the book. It may seriously
                  reduce the time you spend on other activities ;)

                  Cheers, Riku

                  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "bbornais" <bbornais@...> wrote:

                  > p.s.
                  >
                  > I bought Riku's book today.

                • morganfield1
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 4 1:18 PM
                    You know, I often wonder...
                    When you don't hear from past members for a while, is it because
                    they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is it because the
                    government is taking care of their rent, so to speak, and they don't
                    have "free and unlimited" access to the net!

                    Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan

                    > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                    >
                    > ...Wait!....
                    >
                    > ...did you hear that?
                    >
                    > p.s.
                    >
                    > I bought Riku's book today.

                  • Jeff Peterson
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 4 1:29 PM
                      Is Riku's book available as an ebook anywhere?

                      Jeff

                      --- morganfield1 <morganfield1@...> wrote:

                      > You know, I often wonder...
                      > When you don't hear from past members for a while,
                      > is it because
                      > they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is
                      > it because the
                      > government is taking care of their rent, so to
                      > speak, and they don't
                      > have "free and unlimited" access to the net!
                      >
                      > Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan
                      >

                      > > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                      > >
                      > > ...Wait!....
                      > >
                      > > ...did you hear that?
                      > >
                      > > p.s.
                      > >
                      > > I bought Riku's book today.

                    • Donald Holcombe
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 4 5:07 PM
                        Some of us may have been away for a while and are now just Lurking in
                        the Shadows !--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "morganfield1"
                        <morganfield1@...> wrote:

                        > You know, I often wonder...
                        > When you don't hear from past members for a while, is it because
                        > they've moved on to bigger and better things, or is it because the
                        > government is taking care of their rent, so to speak, and they
                        don't
                        > have "free and unlimited" access to the net!
                        >
                        > Tip one, (in the dark) Morgan
                        >

                        > > That takes more energy than my paranoia.
                        > >
                        > > ...Wait!....
                        > >
                        > > ...did you hear that?
                        > >
                        > > p.s.
                        > >
                        > > I bought Riku's book today.

                      • abbababbaccc
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 4 9:54 PM
                          There's the old free version at Harry's site:

                          It's several year's old so it's lacking all the latest research.
                          However, there are instructions for basic liquid based ARC.

                          Cheers, Riku

                          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Peterson <povinstitute@...>