Re:Introduction

  • Firefox
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 25, 2008

      You’re correct in thinking the reflux is the way to go. I have run a very efficient reflux for several years only lately running the commercially available air cooled stil recently for convenience and small lots.

      Running a reflux I rapidly produce several litres of 96% from 5 UK Gal of wash, this is already clean enough to drink but after charcoal filtering is as good as commercial spirit.

      I bought the kit for the 4 foot filter column but as yet haven’t found the time.

      I run it several times through a Britas water filter at, as you say 40-46% the results are good but a little tedious. I don’t buy new filters, just pick ‘em up here and there when I find them. Thinking of refilling them from the Kilo bags of charcoal I purchased.

      Best of luck, hope to hear again soon.

      Bob.

      Checked by AVG.