Re: Please review and feel free to update the continuous still design

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2008
      I hope you understand that with this type of continuous system you
      still need to do a separate rectification run to get rid of heads. If
      you want it continuous I do recommend some level of automation. Needle
      valves will not hold their calibration in application like this (as
      has been shown).

      For just a plain stripper you should try Automatic Feed Control (AFC)
      as has been discussed here. One of our members built an air-cooled
      version that put out some serious amounts (several liters / hour) of
      65-85% stuff. If you want it higher you can in theory (haven't had
      time to test this) add ARC on top of that and get 95.6% stuff out of
      your stripper.

      Here's a sketch of AFC-ARC combo that I may build one day time
      permitting - I have all the parts, just need to put it together and test.

      The lower part has been tested and it works well.

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Arsene Lupin" <ragnagna75012@...>