pH Meters - Gratiude

  • anthony547357
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2008
      I should like to thank all who have contributed on pH Meters
      (silane,Allan, Tod,john,brian,gerard, and Harry.

      I have taken up the references. RS go over £100 and the Bedford one
      hasn't replied to my enquiry about probes, after a week.

      I shall no doubt end up with a meter, though I'd like to make it
      myself. In the back of my mind I start to wonder how essential it is
      though, and how putting in bicarb might improve the flavour - or
      whatever. I have never had problems in reducing wash to 1.000 SG or
      proper beer to 1.007. It might make a difference in processing
      Molasses, though I haven't found a reliable source of that component
      in the UK (any knowledge?).

      I have spent quite a bit on add-ons to our hobby and they are all
      useful (an un-breakable Alcometer would be particularly welcome!), so
      I hang back a little on something that might be used very little.
      Don't accuse me of being a Scrooge!

      Again with many thanks,

      Tony