multiple columns

  • DDT
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2008
      I used to have an old MG that had dual carbs. If dual columns are half
      the trouble of those old side draft carbs I think I'd just make a 4"
      column.

      Lucky.

      > Some of us are interested in speeding up things. For that the
      > multiple column approach does work, although it creates it's own set
      > of problems. The easiest way is to build multiple identical columns
      > with individual controls and condensers and set them up in the same
      > boiler. After that you can try control and monitor them all in
      > similar fashion and wonder where that one liter of booze went that
      > didn't come out from your columns ;)
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2008
        That's the case with traditional control techniques. Of course you
        could add electric or regular ARC and headscompression units to make
        it adjustment free, but that would add up in building costs.

        A 4" column on the other hand has a whole new set of problems on
        it's own ...

        Cheers, Riku