In Praise of Bokabob

  • Tom Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
      after looking at some of bokabobs designs in the files I decided that
      my condenser needed modification. so I modified it so that the reflux
      would drip right on the center of the packing. What a difference!!! I
      just ran about 6 gal of feints and the Purity and taste is excellent!!
      I must have been getting some of my reflux running down the sides of
      the column because previously the best I could get was about 92% and
      the cuts were difficult to make. this run I got exactly the volume and
      purity 95% I have been shooting for. Hooray for Bokabob.

      Yopungblood.
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2008
        The principle was allready used in Nixon-Stone offset head so it's not
        Alex's invention. I'm not trying to diminish his achievements though,
        there are some very good inline LM designs under Bokakob's name.

        Centering the reflux indeed helps quite a lot even in 2" column size.
        Long ago I did a reflux centering ring to my 2.5" VM column and was
        able to get one third less heads.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Smith" <smiththomas9263@...>