Re: Stealing from the angels

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2007
      Brewer's pitch was used to line beer vats & barrels to stop oaking.
      You do not want this for whisky! Leaking is via the joints - the
      spirit goes into the stave only about 1 millimetre - otherwise oak
      barrels would not be useful. If you do not want any loss use glass or
      stainless steel and add oak chips.
      wal