Re: nocino time

  • Jim Wallace
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 30, 2007
      Micio ... I had been following your thread on making nocino earlier this year and started a batch from walnits collected in June
      The original flavor was VERY tannic or bitter in nature and has currently subsided but still has quite a rough edge as we approach christmas and time for it to be ready (6 months)...

      From other sources I see to make it and at the first christmas filter it ant then wait to the next christmas to serve it (18 months) ...

      will this tannic/bitter flavor subside in the next year ... it currently has a very beautiful herbal aroma and flavor but the rough edge is still enough to keep from totally enjoying it

      do you have any comments on this???

       Re: nocino time
      Posted by: "miciofelice2003" miciofelice2003@...   miciofelice2003
      Sat Aug 5, 2006 6:41 am (PST)

      Dear Bob,
      really I don't know the exact meaning of the word "nocino"; in my
      opinion means "liqueur extract by walnuts", but also your
      interpretation is proper and can be true.

      in my opinion it's better to avoid to put sugar inside the jar
      during fermentation, but this's matter of opinion.

      what I can't accept is to wait 1 year or more to taste my delicious
      nocino: no, it's too much!

                   Jim Wallace         jim@...

                        Advanced Cheesemaking Workshops

             ...   finished for 2007 ... our 2008 schedule will be posted soon

          Offering Technical Help and Classes at :

          New England Cheesemaking Supply Company ... www.cheesemaking.com