Re: [Distillers] no cook recipes

  • Trid
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2007
      --- Louis Lenz <loulenz2002@...> wrote:

      > Alright Trid, sounds good, i guess i´ll do it again, but i´ll double the
      > batch to get to a spirit run a little quicker. Thanks, Lou
      > BTW how did your peated run turn out?

      As far as I can tell, pretty good. Very likely better than the first. I've
      cut the final product down to 60% and with about 2 1/2 gallons to play with,
      I'm going to put it on various kinds of oak (light toast, medium/heavy toast,
      JD chips (not pellets)) and see how it turns out.
      I've gotten ok reviews on the batch I ran in July (on JD chips) and I think I
      did a better job at it this time.

      BTW...are you checking your starting and final gravity of your wash to see if
      you're getting a thorough fermentation (I'd also do an idodine test if you're
      doing sour mash, just to see if your starches are being converted). A little
      extra time fermenting can add to your overall yields.

      Trid
      -propensity for forgetfulness sometimes substitutes as "patience"