Re: Power controller

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 21, 2007
      Hello Group;
      I am a newbie so I may not know much, but I've been looking at the heat
      source for the boiler. What I see with an electric heating element is
      that in the area directly around the elements you will have temps much
      higher than desired. This will of course spread out until the entire
      contents is heated. I am looking at jacketed boiler that has water of
      the desired batch temp. Now this will heat the batch slower, but there
      should be no hot spots causing water boiling.
      I understand this would be more difficult to build, but it might be
      worthwhile. I would appreciate people with more experience commenting
      on this.

      John

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wilson" <ublong@...> wrote:

      > Just want to know what is the difference between a Thermostat and
      Shermans power