Re: Pertsovka (quantity)

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
      A Russian site,
      http://www.eda-server.ru/vino/621.shtml
      has a Pertsovka Ukrayinskaya (Ukrainian Pertsovka) where it suggests
      20g (approx. 2/3 ounce) of cayenne pepper/litre of alcohol.
      wal
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

      > I put three cayenne peppers in half a gallon of neutral spirit and
      it was bloody hot!!!! I drank a bottle of it once on a winter murray
      cod fishing trip and woke at two am in a lather of sweat.

      > I removed the peppers and topped up the bottle to half a gallon
      again and it's still rather warm. Makes a superb bloody Mary. The
      advantage of it being so hot is that I don't drink it and it has
      improved so much in three years that it's hard to believe the
      difference between old and young spirits.

      > If you intend to make this, be very careful how much pepper that you
      use.

      > blanik

      (Shakyamuni Buddha)

      > --
      >
      > Powered by Outblaze

    • gff_stwrt
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

        > I put three cayenne peppers in half a gallon of neutral spirit and
        it was bloody hot!!!! I drank a bottle of it once on a winter
        murray cod fishing trip and woke at two am in a lather of sweat.

        > I removed the peppers and topped up the bottle to half a gallon
        again and it's still rather warm. Makes a superb bloody Mary. The
        advantage of it being so hot is that I don't drink it and it has
        improved so much in three years that it's hard to believe the
        difference between old and young spirits.

        > If you intend to make this, be very careful how much pepper that
        you use.

        > blanik
        >
        >Hi, blanik,

        Perhaps if you are planning another fishing trip with time to
        spare you could send me an e-mail; I don't usually fish but there is
        a possibility you could pass my door on the way to the fishing
        grounds....

        Regards,

        The Baker

      • sonum norbu