Re: Power Controller Kit Progress

  • Sherman
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
      One question was about the board production process. I am using
      toner, inkject photopaper, and heat transfer to put the pattern on
      the copper. Removing the paper from the toner with boiling soapy
      water. Etching the copper with half and half by volume 37% muriatic
      acid and 3% hydrogen peroxide in a well ventilated out doors area.
      Second question about insulating hardware, I selected parts with
      isolated, electrically dead tabs. Alternistors use glass passivation
      which insulates to 2500v rms between the thyristor chip and the metal
      base.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Sven Pfitt" <the_gimp98@...>
      wrote:

      > You are showing uninsulated power tab devices, but don't mention
      > isolation from the heat sink.
      >
      > In addition to the silicon heat sink compound, an insulating spacer
      and
      > insulated mounting hardware should be used for assembly, otherwise
      you
      > will have a short between the two tabs. Unless they are at the same
      > electrical potential, this could be a big problem.
      >
      > Sven
      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Sherman" <pintoshine@> wrote:
      > >
      > > http://www.amsyrup.com/sloj/projects/kit/catalog.htm
      > > It is coming together. I would appreciate any suggestions on the
      > > documentation. Whenever I get the docs created using real parts
      I'll