Re: [Distillers] Re: Pertsovka

  • sonum norbu
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
      I put three cayenne peppers in half a gallon of neutral spirit and it was bloody hot!!!! I drank a bottle of it once on a winter murray cod fishing trip and woke at two am in a lather of sweat.

      I removed the peppers and topped up the bottle to half a gallon again and it's still rather warm. Makes a superb bloody Mary. The advantage of it being so hot is that I don't drink it and it has improved so much in three years that it's hard to believe the difference between old and young spirits.

      If you intend to make this, be very careful how much pepper that you use.

      blanik

      SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
      http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

      Powered by Outblaze
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
        A Russian site,
        http://www.eda-server.ru/vino/621.shtml
        has a Pertsovka Ukrayinskaya (Ukrainian Pertsovka) where it suggests
        20g (approx. 2/3 ounce) of cayenne pepper/litre of alcohol.
        wal
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

        > I put three cayenne peppers in half a gallon of neutral spirit and
        it was bloody hot!!!! I drank a bottle of it once on a winter murray
        cod fishing trip and woke at two am in a lather of sweat.

        > I removed the peppers and topped up the bottle to half a gallon
        again and it's still rather warm. Makes a superb bloody Mary. The
        advantage of it being so hot is that I don't drink it and it has
        improved so much in three years that it's hard to believe the
        difference between old and young spirits.

        > If you intend to make this, be very careful how much pepper that you
        use.

        > blanik

        (Shakyamuni Buddha)

        > --
        >
        > Powered by Outblaze

      • gff_stwrt
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

          > I put three cayenne peppers in half a gallon of neutral spirit and
          it was bloody hot!!!! I drank a bottle of it once on a winter
          murray cod fishing trip and woke at two am in a lather of sweat.

          > I removed the peppers and topped up the bottle to half a gallon
          again and it's still rather warm. Makes a superb bloody Mary. The
          advantage of it being so hot is that I don't drink it and it has
          improved so much in three years that it's hard to believe the
          difference between old and young spirits.

          > If you intend to make this, be very careful how much pepper that
          you use.

          > blanik
          >
          >Hi, blanik,

          Perhaps if you are planning another fishing trip with time to
          spare you could send me an e-mail; I don't usually fish but there is
          a possibility you could pass my door on the way to the fishing
          grounds....

          Regards,

          The Baker

        • sonum norbu