Pertsovka

  • Daniel D. Todd
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
      Does anyone know what type of pepper is used in pertsovka? Also, is it made by simple steeping after distillation or is the pepper steeped spirit re-distilled and then again infused for color?

      Thanks,
      Lucky.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
        Cayenne (chilli/chili) pepper (hot). 1/bottle vodka.Leave in the
        bottle for decoration if you like. Just an infusion. There are 2
        Ukrainian types - one with a cayenne pepper in the bottle and another
        with infused cayenne pepper & added honey (see Nemiroff vodka).
        wal
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel D. Todd" <luckydraw@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know what type of pepper is used in pertsovka? Also, is
        it made
        > by simple steeping after distillation or is the pepper steeped spirit
        > re-distilled and then again infused for color?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Lucky.

      • sonum norbu
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
          I put three cayenne peppers in half a gallon of neutral spirit and it was bloody hot!!!! I drank a bottle of it once on a winter murray cod fishing trip and woke at two am in a lather of sweat.

          I removed the peppers and topped up the bottle to half a gallon again and it's still rather warm. Makes a superb bloody Mary. The advantage of it being so hot is that I don't drink it and it has improved so much in three years that it's hard to believe the difference between old and young spirits.

          If you intend to make this, be very careful how much pepper that you use.

          blanik

          SOARING, SAILING AND SKYDIVING web page
          http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/cloudbase/

          Powered by Outblaze
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
            A Russian site,
            http://www.eda-server.ru/vino/621.shtml
            has a Pertsovka Ukrayinskaya (Ukrainian Pertsovka) where it suggests
            20g (approx. 2/3 ounce) of cayenne pepper/litre of alcohol.
            wal
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

            > I put three cayenne peppers in half a gallon of neutral spirit and
            it was bloody hot!!!! I drank a bottle of it once on a winter murray
            cod fishing trip and woke at two am in a lather of sweat.

            > I removed the peppers and topped up the bottle to half a gallon
            again and it's still rather warm. Makes a superb bloody Mary. The
            advantage of it being so hot is that I don't drink it and it has
            improved so much in three years that it's hard to believe the
            difference between old and young spirits.

            > If you intend to make this, be very careful how much pepper that you
            use.

            > blanik

            (Shakyamuni Buddha)

            > --
            >
            > Powered by Outblaze

          • gff_stwrt
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "sonum norbu" <blanik@...> wrote:

              > I put three cayenne peppers in half a gallon of neutral spirit and
              it was bloody hot!!!! I drank a bottle of it once on a winter
              murray cod fishing trip and woke at two am in a lather of sweat.

              > I removed the peppers and topped up the bottle to half a gallon
              again and it's still rather warm. Makes a superb bloody Mary. The
              advantage of it being so hot is that I don't drink it and it has
              improved so much in three years that it's hard to believe the
              difference between old and young spirits.

              > If you intend to make this, be very careful how much pepper that
              you use.

              > blanik
              >
              >Hi, blanik,

              Perhaps if you are planning another fishing trip with time to
              spare you could send me an e-mail; I don't usually fish but there is
              a possibility you could pass my door on the way to the fishing
              grounds....

              Regards,

              The Baker

            • sonum norbu