Hideous Absinthe: A History of the Devil in a Bottle

  • whynda
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
      I.B.Tauris | ISBN 1860649203 | 2004 | PDF | 0.8 MB | 306 pages

      Hideous Absinthe boldly combines the art, literature, science, and
      social history of the nineteenth century to produce the story of a
      drink that came to symbolize both the high points of art and the
      depths of degeneration.Jad Adams looks at the myths of absinthe and
      examines its influence on the artistic movements of the nineteenth
      century. He considers the work of Degas, Manet, and Picasso, who
      painted what are now considered masterpieces depicting absinthe
      drinkers. He examines the mystery of van Gogh's absinthe addiction
      and asks whether absinthe truly did contribute to the poetic vision
      of Verlaine, Rimbaud, and other writers.

      As usual with Rapidshare .. click on the "Free" option unless you
      have a Premium account, but either way, go for it and enjoy.

      http://rapidshare.com/files/59315061/15236645.rar
    • Ian Kent
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
        Good find.