Re: Question - 1" copper

  • jamesonbeam1
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2007
      Thank you Harry, I knew it would finally boil down to the Condenser on
      top. (oops - was that a pun???) Which means Cooling liquid to the top
      which means a holding tank, which means a sump pump or something since
      we only have well water supply here, which means I guess i'll just
      keep my "Old Faithful" the way she is.... And save the 5 feet of 1"
      copper for another more techie-type moonshiner to play with. Old
      faithful will still (grrrrrr another pun) keep me supplied with 140+
      proof corn wiskey first run (I take my 13 - 14% wash and freeze it
      then distill). My friends seem to like it so much they now calling the
      commercial 80 proof moonshne at the ABC stores - "piss water" and are
      offering me 60 bucks a gallon.... Not that I would ever ummmm think
      ummmm of "prostituting" my White Lightning in such a fashion ummmmm..
      ;-) ;-) ;-).

      Vino es Veritas,
      Jim

      Only if you reduce the input power to match your 1" cross-section.
      Failure to do so will just blow any liquids formed right out the top
      of the 1" column, through your lyne arm and into your product
      > condenser. You would need to reduce power to approx. 1/4 of
      existing, with a resulting reduction in kind of your production rate.
      This is because a 1" diameter pipe is approx. 1/4 the cross-sectional
      area of a 2" pipe. An insulated column will produce virtually no
      condensation without a dedicated overhead condenser to remove latent
      heat and achieve phase change (vapour to liquid). That's why they
      name this condenser the 'Rexlux' condenser.
      ___snip