RE: [Distillers] Freeze Distilling as Beer Stripping

  • Tony & Elle Ackland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
      Homebrew,

      > Could freeze distilling be used as a beer stripping run? Whatpercentage
      of alcohol could be expected from freeze distillation?Is there any alcohol
      loss using this method of distillation? What isthe freezing point of
      ethanol? OK I guess that's enough questions forone posting.

      I've collected some stuff about freezing at
      http://homedistiller.org/notstill.htm#freeze
      UPS is a bit of a master at it - he's not posting this week - must be on
      holiday or something, but he's sure to reply when he gets the time,
      regarding losses etc.

      The freezing point of ethanol is -112C (-170F)

      Tony