Re: [Distillers] Re: temp control

  • joe giffen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2007
      Talk sense,
      I could not understand what you were going about.
      I suggest that you stick the thermometer somewhere the sun don,t shine, take a reading and go to bed,

      subsoni

      c40grain <subsonic40grain@...> wrote:
      I used to worry about temperature, then I realised that the
      placement of the probe / thermometer makes quite a difference. So
      now I place the probe / thermometer (Ok I use 2) and get full
      reflux, I let it level off for about 30 minutes and take a reading.
      That gives me a kind of benchmark for the rest of the run. Probably
      not scientific but get this. I had ToddK63 over and another Bio (i
      have a lot of letters after my name) professor geezer. They both
      said my neutral was the best. Zymurgy Bob - I am nearly there...
      and yours is in the post! ;-#

      So, it works for me, and I am runing neutral @ 79 - 80c. If I hit
      84 I get into tails, but that is just on my rig. it has taken me
      about 2 years to get to know my still. Now I am happy running it.
      practice is the key I reckon.

      Subsonic.

      Todd - Please verify...... ;-*)

      --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "Virgil & Taralee Cote"
      <vtcote@...> wrote:

      > Harry,
      > thank you so much for the imformation, i thought that the top of
      the column should run @ about78.5C or so, so i thought if i put a
      varriable resistor i could back the element down, so i could get
      78.5C, everything i have read says there units run @78.5C
      > I don't have a hydrometer yet to measure that high yet,but judging
      by the little i get from a run i think the purity is right up there.

      Regards
      Joe