Fittings Question

  • bbornais
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2007
      Hello All,

      I was wondering exactly what ss fitting I need to purchase for welding
      to a sankey keg. I want to thread in a heating element or two into a
      new keg I aquired.

      I also would like to know where you purchase them.

      I am in Ontario, Canada.

      Thanks,

      Bryan.

      http://www.buyfittingsonline.com/Fittings/item6506.htm ?
    • Bill Healey
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2007
        I went to the plumbing supply store and got a 1" threaded female coupling SS,
        heating element screws right into it.
        And got 3/4" X 2" SS threaded nipple
        and a 3/4" gate valve.
        Took it to machine shop they cut the hole and welded em
        both in for $20.00 US
        (From a posting awhile back.) Windsor Ont?

        Cheers Bill...

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2007
          Brian,

          I purchased a fitting from Mile-Hi that just clamps
          to the top of my kegs. Just weld it to your column
          and voilia! Many still suppliers have the fitting and
          clamp combo.
          http://www.milehidistilling.com/connectors.htm
          Don't be distracted by the models... you have work to
          do! I'll keep track of the models for you.

          Link

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC