Re: Isopropyl Alcohol B.P.

  • Sven Pfitt
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 6, 2007
      Spontaneous fermentation with the yeast that reside on the surface of
      the cherries. The same occurs with grapes as you point out (and
      everything exposed to air).

      This is risky since bacteria are also present and you are relying on
      the yeast outgrowing the bacteria. Once the yeast take hold, the pH
      drops and makes the environment less hospitable to mold and bacteria
      (except a few acid loving bacteria like lacto and aceto).

      Sven