Re: [Distillers] Re: Heating Elements unsafe?

  • Toni Smith
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 6, 2007
      hi Joe
      absolutely no offense taken here. i actually found it quite entertaining:)
      Harry
      the reason i have not been replying to posts is that one i am way behind
      on emails due to moving house and as yet i have not gotten to make a
      start though i have been on here for a few years soaking up the
      knowledge. hope to very soon make a start with a small still that i can
      use on the stove top as i do not have a lot of room here (just a small
      flat and no garage). i am thinking no bigger than about 3 gallons and
      preferably something that i could say was being used to make preserves
      etc as well eg large boiler that i could attach the column to.

      you getting any of this rain?

      toni

      joe giffen wrote:
      > Hey Bob,
      > I hope you are not sad. I think that we members were just having a bit
      > of fun( to any lady members please forgive our nonsense) . To be
      > honest I find that having tested my product my mind becomes very
      > clear, this sometimes does not last until the the following morning.
      > Be happy.
      > *//*
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 14, 2007
        I was able to find "high sediment" water heater elements. These are
        about twice as big as "standard" heating elements - so the heating
        density is about half - so it should scortch less and last longer.

        > LOL - Knowing California - they put that crap on everything - even
        > baby food packages......
        >
        > Just be careful if its an internal element to just use thin warts and
        > not grain based - otherwise its a bitch to clean.....

      • bbornais
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 14, 2007
          where? I want a 240V 4500W run off of 120V for my recirculating
          infusion mashing system.

          Bryan.