Freeze Distilling as Beer Stripping

  • homebrew731
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
      Could freeze distilling be used as a beer stripping run? Whatpercentage of alcohol could be expected from freeze distillation?Is there any alcohol loss using this method of distillation? What isthe freezing point of ethanol? OK I guess that's enough questions forone posting.
    • Tony & Elle Ackland
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
        Homebrew,

        > Could freeze distilling be used as a beer stripping run? Whatpercentage
        of alcohol could be expected from freeze distillation?Is there any alcohol
        loss using this method of distillation? What isthe freezing point of
        ethanol? OK I guess that's enough questions forone posting.

        I've collected some stuff about freezing at
        http://homedistiller.org/notstill.htm#freeze
        UPS is a bit of a master at it - he's not posting this week - must be on
        holiday or something, but he's sure to reply when he gets the time,
        regarding losses etc.

        The freezing point of ethanol is -112C (-170F)

        Tony