RE: [Distillers] Element height

  • Tony & Elle Ackland
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Patrick,

      I'll start the ball rolling - have them 2 inches off the bottom. Thats low
      enough down that they should never boil dry (if so, youve forgotten to turn
      off at 96C), yet high enough to be able to clean around and under.

      My "StillSpirits" plastic bucket has about a 1 inch gap under its element,
      and its sometimes awkward to clean.

      My modified jar sterlizer urn still has its element about 1/2 inch off the
      base - and it was almost impossible to clean when I burnt the corn-whisky
      wort onto it.

      Tony
    • hogosha475
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        Tony,
        Thanks, you as always are a big help. I will be using a screw in
        type element mounted on a SS hex coupling. So I should be able to
        screw it out for cleaning. The tower is also on a threaded SS
        coupling for easy assembly and removal.

        Defectfully
        Patrick