Re: "Honey smoothening"?

  • duds2u
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
      It was an educated guess actuall. I've done a bit of research on
      scotch whisky and have noted that quite a few of them are chill
      filtered to prevent any potential hazing due to geographic travel

      As for spilling a "little honey' the groups way, we are all waiting
      on any further snippets you are able to divulge.
      Cheers
      Mal T.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "cadence22003" <cadence22003@...>
      wrote:

      > --not necessarily DUDS,,,,,,depends where the product was
      > heading,,,,,,,,,,geographically of course,,,,,,chill filtering is
      only
      > used for very specific reasons , as you well know,,it is avoided if
      > possible as cost is high ,,,,,and with modern methods now in place
      any
      > protien matter which may wish to wander out of solution at the most
      > embarressing moment is usually dealt with in at least one or two
      ways
      > prior to packaging
      >
      > also i would hint that added smoothing compounds are added NOT in
      > their raw state so as to avoid any deposition or flocculation
      > [micro],,,,,,work that one out , iv'e spilled too many beans or too
      > much honey already
      >
      > from the way you phrased your question DUDS i believe you know more
      > than you are letting on ,,you little devil,,,,,,,come on spill a bit
      > of honey the groups way,,,,,,,as they say in france don't be a
      GUISCARD

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6, 2007
        The geography is related to the drinking public. In Germany schnaps is
        normally kept in the refrigerator. The Germans do the same for whisky
        and a subsequent haze forms. So for some countries Scotch is chill
        filtered. Some flavor is also lost.
        wal

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007

          You seem to know more trade secrets?
          > wal

          Hi Wal,

          Perhaps you don't recall but our Brian was an original member of
          this group. His first post was #27, way back in 1999! In those
          days he was running a 4,000 litre/wk outfit for whisky in Tassie!

          Yep, he's got a few ermmm...'trade secrets'. :)

          Personally I'm glad he's found some time to drop in again since his
          retirement. It's nice (and valuable) to have someone who's been at
          the coal-face.

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
            I recognised his 'unique' punctuation!!!!!!!!!!