Re: Help needed

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2007
      Please ignore this post (I actually sent it yesterday, not sure why
      it took so long to show up). Hubby has had enough of fooling around
      with it and has sold the whole setup. The bloke is picking it up
      after lunch. We have done some money but that's life.
      To be honest, I thought the whole process would be easier when we
      bought it. I guess it just isn't for me.
      Deb

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Debbie" <jidykomt@...> wrote:

      > Hi all. I have been lurking here for awhile, reading the facinating
      stuff you guys do.

      > I am having problems and hope someone can give me some advice. I
      have comercially bought super reflux still. I have run 4 batches
      through it now. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am only
      getting between 62 and 73 %. The 73 was a one off, one was a 71% and
      the other two have been in the low 60's.
      > The still is packed with ceramic saddles, they came with it. I have
      used sw24, sw48 and 2 by 24 hour yeasts. With the sw yeasts I used
      8kg of sugar. With the 24 hour yeasts I used 6kg of sugar. This is a
      25 litre fermenter. I started them at 30%. The 73% and 71% came off
      the 24 hour yeasts. With them I used turbo clear. The washes have
      gone off well, except for one which gave me the 62%. I am running my
      still at between 75 and 80 degrees. I take off 100 ml of head.

      > Can someone give me some advice on what to do. I am so
      disappointed. I have a mate with a pot still and he is getting up to
      96%. He is mighty pleased with himself comparing his results to my
      those of my flash store bought still.