Re: [Distillers] Wanted: Rum and Vodka Recipes

  • Trid
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2007
      --- Robert <robert@...> wrote:

      > I'm looking for true Rum and Vodka sprint recipes.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Robert

      As opposed to Verizon or Cingular recipes?

      Trid
      -sorry, couldn't help it
    • Link D'Antoni
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
        Harry,

        I stand corrected! 145-175 Proof (U.S.).
        'Twas tipping whilst typing.

        Yeah, I can't even get 145% through my reflux. What a
        pitty. That would be a neat trick though. Then would
        be the Houdini of Distillation.

        Link

        --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni
        > <link2d@...> wrote:
        > > Rum:
        > > Use 84.1 Brix commercial grade molasses. Cut 4
        > parts
        > > water:1 part molasses. Ferments to 14% alcohol.

        > alcohol.<<<<<<<
        >

        > Cut to 40%-45%
        > > Age in wood cask.
        > >
        > > That's my way.
        > >
        > > Link
        >

        > Heh, that's a neat trick Link. :)
        > Methinks you mean proof?
        >

        > Slainte!
        > regards Harry

        http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
      • Robert Bradbury
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2007
          Re: [Distillers] Wanted: Rum and Vodka Recipes

          Thank your for the Recipe.

          Robert Bradbury

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2007
            Robert,

            Are you familiar with Harry's library?

            and Tony's site,
            http://homedistiller.org/

            You will find both most valuable as I do.
            I was being sarcastic with my last post. Sorry 'bout
            that. But there is no ONE way, ONE style. I am
            actually making Molasses washes now to do Harry's Rum
            method. I am looking to improve my output. Heavens
            knows I need to improve.

            Link

            --- Robert Bradbury <robert@...> wrote:

            > Thank your for the Recipe.
            >

            > Robert Bradbury

          • plumbondude
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
              Hi Robert,
              I've been distilling for 15 years on and off, but I must say I've
              had little contact with other distillers and now that I have the
              internet, I've realised how much I still have to learn. "Still" get
              it?
              Anyway your welcome to my rum recipie as follows.
              Its pretty rough in quantities but I havent had any complaints.I
              simply use 6 litres of black stap mollasses and two kilos of csr
              brown sugar made up to 25 litres. Since I discovered turbo yeast its
              increased my yields a bit I think and in a much shorter time.
              The more mollasses you use the stronger the flavour. I triple
              distill this. The first run is very rough.The second drinkable. The
              third is what I like.
              This makes the white rum which I drink the most of. I use a
              handfull of toasted burbon barell and about half a handfull of
              chopped raisins per 4 litres of 75% distillate and leave for a
              minimum of three months. This gets me a nice golden rum when watered
              down to around 40%.
              Like I said these are all rough measurements. But ya get the jist.
              My batches vary considerably. Nothing hard and fast.

              Cheers

              Matt