Re: High strength alcohol taste

  • youngblood1435
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2007
      I'm also noticing the astringent taste. I mash pure corn and double
      distill . however I have found that as the distillate ages it turns
      very bitter. I have also found that If I add a tablespoon of either
      raisins or pearled barley per liter that it melllow out the spirit and
      removes the bitter astringent taste. I usually leave it to soak for only
      overnite or at most a couple of days at 40% abv. If yoy leave it too
      long it will have the smell and taste of a old purse.

      Youngblood.