Mixing and resting of alcohol and lasers!!

  • Neil Stephens
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2007
      Gday guys,

      A while back, there were discussions on this forum about the taste
      difference between fresh and rested neutral spirits, and before that
      (I think) about freezing of fresh v rested spirits.

      I came accross this article from 2003 while I was googling around:

      http://www.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/sb-ALS-alcohol-and-water.html

      An extract to wet your taste buds:

      ""Nobody has ever tasted a microscopically perfect mix of alcohol and
      water," says ALS scientist Jinghua Guo, one of the leaders of this
      research. "We found that the mixing of alcohol and water on the
      microscopic level is incomplete no matter how long you wait.""

      There is also mention of lasers being used to temorarily change a liquors taste.

      Cheers,
      knarl.