Re:Two condensors

  • Firefox
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007

      Pictures please. A little confused. Why do you need 2 condensers?

      Bob.

      Checked by AVG.

    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
        Perhaps a product condenser. Most LM stills would benefit from a
        product condenser.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Firefox" <foxyfoxy50@...> wrote:

        > Pictures please. A little confused. Why do you need 2 condensers?
        >
        > Bob.

        > Checked by AVG.
        29/05/2007
        > 13:01

      • Andrew Bugal
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
          Gentlemen,

          The water coming out of the primary condensor is very warm which over a period, raises the temperature of the water in the holding tank.  Pumping this water back into the primary decreases the efficiency of the condensor and the water keeps getting warmer.

          I did not want to have car radiators, fans, etc. spread about while I was working and wanted a simple, compact solution that would reduce the water temperature from the condensor so the holding tank temperature would not rise significantly.  I also use 1.25 litre bottles of frozen water which I throw into the holding tank now and then during the run.

          The second condensor takes the water from the primary condensor and cools it before it gets to the holding tank thereby keeping the water temperature in the holding tank low.

          Regards,

          Bwyze
          abbababbaccc <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:
          Perhaps a product condenser. Most LM stills would benefit from a
          product condenser.

          Cheers, Riku

          --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "Firefox" <foxyfoxy50@ ...> wrote:

          > Pictures please. A little confused. Why do you need 2 condensers?
          >
          > Bob.

          > Checked by AVG.
          29/05/2007