Two condensors

  • Andrew Bugal
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      I use two condensors.  My still has an offset head with a primary condensor coil, like most others, in the head.

      I made up another condensor head/coil assembly which takes the water from the primary coil through it (virtually the same setup as the primary).  In the second condensor, water is pumped around the coil.  Works pretty well.

      Regards,

      Bwyze

      How would you spend $50,000 to create a more sustainable environment in Australia? Go to Yahoo!7 Answers and share your idea.
    • Firefox
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007

        Pictures please. A little confused. Why do you need 2 condensers?

        Bob.

        Checked by AVG.

      • abbababbaccc
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
          Perhaps a product condenser. Most LM stills would benefit from a
          product condenser.

          Cheers, Riku

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Firefox" <foxyfoxy50@...> wrote:

          > Pictures please. A little confused. Why do you need 2 condensers?
          >
          > Bob.

          > Checked by AVG.
          29/05/2007
          > 13:01

        • Andrew Bugal
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
            Gentlemen,

            The water coming out of the primary condensor is very warm which over a period, raises the temperature of the water in the holding tank.  Pumping this water back into the primary decreases the efficiency of the condensor and the water keeps getting warmer.

            I did not want to have car radiators, fans, etc. spread about while I was working and wanted a simple, compact solution that would reduce the water temperature from the condensor so the holding tank temperature would not rise significantly.  I also use 1.25 litre bottles of frozen water which I throw into the holding tank now and then during the run.

            The second condensor takes the water from the primary condensor and cools it before it gets to the holding tank thereby keeping the water temperature in the holding tank low.

            Regards,

            Bwyze
            abbababbaccc <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:
            Perhaps a product condenser. Most LM stills would benefit from a
            product condenser.

            Cheers, Riku

            --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "Firefox" <foxyfoxy50@ ...> wrote:

            > Pictures please. A little confused. Why do you need 2 condensers?
            >
            > Bob.

            > Checked by AVG.
            29/05/2007