Re: [Distillers] Polishing Copper Tubing

  • pantryman@empireone.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      Brasso....worked for us in the Army....
      Bob
      www.oneaccordfoodpantry.org

      Quoting greybates <floyd.bates@...>:

      > All:
      >
      > How do you polish copper tubing to get it to shine as if new?
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

    • Trid
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        --- greybates <floyd.bates@...> wrote:

        > All:
        >
        > How do you polish copper tubing to get it to shine as if new?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

        I use a Scotch Brite pad to get any residual scale and burnt solder flux off,
        and then Brasso applied with a paper towel.

        Trid
        -short attention spans like shiny thin...oh hey, wanna go ride bikes?
      • Ron Wilson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "greybates" <floyd.bates@...> wrote:

          > All:
          >
          > How do you polish copper tubing to get it to shine as if new?
          >
          > Thanks in advance.

          I soak in white vinegar for a couple hours and hit it with a fine
          steel wool comes up all shiny and new

          regards Ublong